Don't you hate when you put on your favorite tight pants and suddenly they are cutting into your waist?
Belly fat can be SO hard to get rid of, especially for women. But, it's not impossible!
As potential child-bearers, the female body wants to store belly fat to protect our reproductive organs. But if that's the case, why do so many other women seem to have 0% belly fat?
Well, there's a few reasons here. Nutrition must be dialed in of course in order to burn off the extra weight, but training also needs to be intense. Along with those two components, you also need to have a healthy gut & low stress levels.
The body doesn't looovvveee being super lean. It wants some fat "just incase" a famine happens, or you have to run from a tiger to save your life (our brains still run on primal instinct).
So, how can you change this? How can you line up your diet, training, stress levels, and gut health to be oh-so-perfect for fat loss?
The un-sexy truth: hard work, dedication, and consistency. *cue face palm*, I know you've heard this 654984 times before.
But, it's true.
In case that is a little too basic for you, here are 6 tips to amplify the belly-fat burning process!
1. Add a probiotic. If your digestion is off, you're either not absorbing most of your nutrients or your gut is super inflamed which causes bloating. Take this one 30 minutes before breakfast.
2. Chiiiillllll sister! Stress (mental, emotional, illness, injury, and overtraining) causes cortisol levels to rise. Cortisol stores belly fat! When stress hits, breathe slower, walk it off, and find your happy place. Your abs will thank you.
3. Crank up the HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training). I know - it's hard - but, it works! HIIT increases your post-exercise oxygen consumption which works to burn more calories and rev your metabolism. This means you burn more calories for 24 hours after your session.
4. Add a neoprene wrap to your workouts. This helps to heat up the core more and pull out excess water weight. Heat helps the body oxidize fat. This is perfect for those of us that don't sweat very much in workouts. Trust me, you'll be drenched with this wrap.
5. Eat less sodium and salt. Sodium causes water retention and loves to hangout on the waist. Watch out for sneaky culprits in soups, condiments, deli meat, cheese, and protein bars! If you overdo it on sodium, throw in some potassium to help balance it out.
6. More whole foods (but you know this). Out with the packaged foods, in with the foods from the Earth that the body actually recognizes and can digest! Shop the perimeter of your grocery store more often.
Which tip will you implement? I hope all of them! Keep reading to find out how you can get MORE tips:
If you're REALLY ready to accelerate your fat loss, diet smarter, and train like an athlete, get your butt in Weight Loss Warriors and I'll help you figure out your exact macros to stick to for results, paired with challenging workouts and HIIT cardio routines!
Check out what you'll be doing each week in Weight Loss Warriors HERE!
-Weekly workouts for the gym & home
-Weekly nutrition lessons to learn more about fat loss techniques
-Monthly customized macro plans
-Monthly private coaching calls to change your habits and make weight loss STICK!
Doors are open every month, the first 7 days!